Tuesday, January 27, 2014
LOCATION: Falls Church High School
7521 Jaguar Trail, Falls Church, VA 22042
2015 Election Rules:
- The election will be held on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 7:00 pm. The location of the election will be the cafeteria of Falls Church High School.
- Executive Board Positions up for election are as follows:
- Co-President - 2 year term
- Vice President
- Political Director
- Only regular members for 2015 will be permitted to vote or to be elected to an office. Membership applications will be accepted up the beginning of the election. Click here for online and printable membership forms.
- A printed ballot with the positions and names will be handed out to each person in attendance that is a member of the Fairfax Young Democrats for 2015. This will be a secret ballot which will be filled out by each person and then placed in a ballot box.
- In order to get your name on the printed ballot, candidates must announce by 11:59pm on Tuesday, January 20, 2015. To announce, you must have a submitted membership application for 2015 and you must send your name and the position you are seeking in an email to info@FairfaxYoungDems.net.
- Nominations can be made from the floor in all races. The ballot will allow for write-ins.
- If the race has no contest, then the candidate(s) will be elected unanimously with a voice vote.
- As defined in our Constitution, elected officers will be selected by a majority vote, using instant runoff voting when there are more than two candidates per position.
- The current Co-Presidents will nominate an Election Chair. Upon approval by those in attendance, this person will run the election process.
- If the race has a contest, then the following occurs:
- Each contested race will allow candidates 2 minutes to speak and 1 minute for questions
- The order for speaking, or method to chose the order, will be selected by the Election Chair