Wednesday, May 29, 2013
NEW LOCATION: Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library
7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, 22043
2013 Declared Candidates:
- Matthew Bell
- Morgan W. Jameson
- Dadly Cordero Terán
Secretary: Open from the floor.
- Marina Deede
- Jon Mayer
- Toora Arsala
- Diana Trinh
2013 Election Rules:
- The election will be held on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 7:30PM. The location of the election will be Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library. This location is Metro Accessible. If you need a ride to or from the Metro, please contact President Matt Bell or Vice President Dadly Cordero.
- Executive Board Positions up for election are as follows:
- President or Co-Presidents
- Vice President
- Political Director
- Events Coordinator
- A printed ballot with the positions and names will be handed out to each person in attendance that is a member, or a Young Democrat who resides in Fairfax County and is under the age of 36. This will be a secret ballot which will be filled out by each person and then placed in a ballot box.
- In order to get your name on the printed ballot, candidates must announce by 5PM on Friday, May 24, 2013. To announce, send your name and the position you are seeking to info@FairfaxYoungDems.net. A picture is optional.
- If a race does not have a candidate or candidates announced by the May 24th deadline, then nominations will be made from the floor.
- Nominations can be made from the floor in all races, but will not be listed on the ballot.
- The current President will nominate an Election Chair. Upon approval by those in attendance, this person will run the election process.
- If the race has no contest, then that candidate(s) will be elected unanimously with a voice vote.
- If the race has a contest, then the following occurs:
- Each contested race will allow candidates 2 minutes to speak
- The order, or method to chose the order, will be chosen by the Election Chair